10 Video Marketing Quotes You Need to Read
Video marketing is one of the biggest and most rapidly expanding fields in advertising, but that doesn’t make it any easier to succeed. Occasionally, you might need some video marketing quotes to serve as inspiration.
We went ahead and organized 10 classic marketing quotes which can and will undoubtedly help your video marketing efforts.
Our 10 Favorite Quotes Related to Video Marketing:
- “The best strategy ever: care.” –Gary Veynerchuk
Video marketing today is about much more than simply selling products. Consumers are looking to connect with the brands they buy from and showing that you care about them as more than just walking wallets will help you build a friendlier, more accessible brand.
- “Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make but about the stories you tell.” –Seth Godin
The beauty of video marketing is that it gives you a broader canvas to work on. Instead of focusing on just selling a product, creating a story will give your brand a more defined personality, and will help you reach more consumers looking for companies that aren’t forcing products on them.
- “Nothing says ‘yawn’ more than an interminable text-based email or 50 slide attachment. Including a video within a brief email and delivering content in multimedia formats can help drive response rates, improve information retention, and make your company or offer more memorable” –Andy Zimmerman
When you have so many avenues to reach your customers, relying on the oldest and most time-consuming ones is a poor start. Instead, focus on doing more with less. Cut down on your text and turn it into a short, snappy video with tools like Swish for iOS, and combine media to create a more engaging message.
- “What really decides consumers to buy or not to buy is the content of your advertising, not its form.” –David Ogilvy
It’s easy to get tempted into doing more of everything—flashier graphics, 3D videos, and more—but at the end of the day, what consumers need to connect with is your content. Focus on not just creating a good video, but making sure the content within it is well-designed, engaging, and connects with your audience.
- “Stop thinking of ‘video marketing’ as this separate entity that is optional for your business. Video is an effective form of communication that needs to be integrated into each and every aspect of your existing marketing efforts.” –James Wedmore
We’re well past the days when companies could choose to not include video in their marketing strategies. Instead of looking at it as some “extra” tool, focus on using video and content to enhance parts of a broader campaign.
- “People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.” –Simon Sinek
Today’s consumers have higher standards for the brands they buy from. Instead of products, they’re looking to purchase from brands that share their values, that present a clear identity, and that can relate to them beyond their wallets.
- “Content is king.” –Bill Gates
No matter what you think of video, it’s hard to argue that the days of banner ads and paid TV spots are past us. Today, a strong marketing strategy that includes video should also feature relevant and engaging content that attracts consumers with value instead of a hard sell.
- “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about” –Benjamin Franklin
It’s easy to get stuck in the trap of doing the same thing that’s worked in the past, but it’s also a quick way to fall behind and be forgotten. Your video marketing should always aim to be memorable, appealing, and strong enough to start a conversation.
- You can’t sell anything if you can’t tell anything.” –Beth Comstock
You should always focus on how you’re saying things as much as what you’re saying. Selling a great product isn’t just about the product, but about how well you can describe it and demonstrate its value with a compelling story.
- “Stop selling. Start Helping.” –Zig Ziglar
In the end, you should focus on telling stories and creating videos that help people including demos, Q&As, and other clips that highlight your brand as more willing to help than trying to wring every dollar out of you. Emphasize helping, and not selling, and you’ll start delivering better conversion rates.