Accountants may be one of the most trusted service providers for small and medium-sized businesses, but word of mouth recommendations are no longer enough to grow your client base.
With inexpensive DIY digital accounting products luring clients away from traditional accounting firms, there’s no time like the present to capture new online audiences with well-made video ads.
A great video not only shows how great your graphics team is, but also helps you show the real value in an accounting firm to help your customers.
Not sure how to create stunning video ads that will spread your reputation and attract new clients?
Worry not! check out these great tips and strategies to help you launch a successful video campaign for your accounting firm.
Why Your Accounting Business Can Benefit From a Video Marketing Strategy
Any business, whether it’s B2B or B2C, stands to gain from having a video marketing strategy. That’s because video plays such a pivotal role in shaping the consumer purchase process:
- Over 50% of shoppers use YouTube to research products when they’re actually on the sales floor, and
- Businesses have rated video as one of the top three content sources they consult before making work purchases.
Moreover, accounting is often (wrongly) portrayed in popular culture as a boring profession. Video marketing gives you the chance to dispel that myth through compelling, funny storytelling.
With today’s technology, all you really need is a smartphone to bring these accounting stories to life.
4 Tips & Ideas on How to Create a Good Accounting Marketing Video
- Think Tutorials: Accounting can be a huge mystery to business owners, and you can make the process much less stressful by creating educational videos that explain the need for specific forms or highlight how you can use accounting to make smarter business decisions.
- Make a 1-Time Investment in Equipment: HD is key to catching and retaining your audience’s attention. Consider purchasing a tripod, a dedicated lavalier microphone and 2- or 3- point lighting equipment to produce high quality video.
- Do Some Research: If your competitors are using videos, see how they’re applying this medium and which ones are getting the most love. If they’re not, you can check out places like Quora or Facebook groups for accounting to see which topics business owners are most concerned about.
- Write a Script: Writing a script forces you to think about what you want to say in the video and what you want the video to do. You can start at the end with the call to action you have in mind, then work backwards to devise a story that will encourage viewers to take that action.
Tools for Creating an Accounting Marketing Video
Before you upload your raw footage onto your social platform(s) of choice, it’s time to take an editing tool to it. This is important because:
- It enables you to add branded elements to your video.
- It lets you crop your video to fit the specific dimensions of different social platforms.
- You can cut out bits of the clip that weren’t great, or merge two different fantastic clips together.
FilmoraGo and Quik Video Editor are free and simple tools for basic or even advanced video cropping that let you make big changes from your Android phone. If you have an iPhone, you can take advantage of Videoleap, which is available on the iTunes app store and lets you quickly edit your videos on the go.
One of the things that will make or break your accounting video ad is the fun factor, and video creator app Swish is a quick and easy way to take your raw footage and produce popping video ads – without forcing you to go to art school.
For short video ads, Swish is the latest word in letting you add your branded logo, templates, texts and graphics to your videos, and setting you up with awesome soundtracks that will lock in viewers.
Finish up by choosing platforms like YouTube or Instagram that provide you with analytics so you can follow up and identify which videos are resonating with your audience, where your audience is based, when it’s best to post, and more.
2 Examples of Successful Accounting Marketing Videos
- If you haven’t looked into video marketing yet, don’t worry – you’re not alone.
- In fact, the video marketing trend doesn’t seem to have made much of an impact on small or medium accounting firms.
- However, if you do decide to take the plunge into video marketing now, you’ll have the advantage of being one of the few accounting firms which audiences can explore and connect with via video.
- Of the accounting video ads we were able to rustle up, here are two that stand out:
Ernst and Young: Impact Your Local Business with Accounting
EY’s two-minute video is beautifully shot with stunning visuals of communities from around the globe and an upbeat soundtrack, but you don’t need a Hollywood production team to make EY’s salient point: exceptional accounting can make a huge impact on your business and your quality of life.
KPMG Small Business Accounting Video:
In this video KPMG uses revolving scene changes, a cheery soundtrack and shots from different types of small businesses to showcase the accounting issues that small businesses face and to introduce KPMG Spark as a wraparound solution for overcoming these challenges.
How Video Marketing Benefits the Accounting Industry
You’re already one of your clients’ most trusted partners in keeping their business running smoothly and empowering them to be audit they can be.
Video marketing lets you to strengthen that feeling of trust by using innovative storytelling to show your accounting firm’s unique added value while deepening the emotional connection you have with existing and potential clients.
Check out more of our small business video marketing guides here!