How to Advertise on Snapchat
If you’re attempting to reach a younger audience with your social media marketing, Snapchat is one of the most effective places to start.
Snapchat is by far one of the most popular platforms for Millennials and Gen Z users. 75% of the app’s users are under 34 years old, and 90% are between 13 and 24 years old.
Learn the Snapchat basics and start connecting to the younger crowd with your marketing strategy.
What Are Snapchat Ads?
Like all the other media on the platform, Snap ads are vertical videos that can use the app’s many visual effects to create unique media.
The videos are usually 3 to 10 seconds long and let users swipe up for more information.
One of the coolest things that sets apart Snap from other social media is that you can use AR to add a touch to your videos and advertising.
5 Types of Snapchat Ads
To get the most out of your snapchat marketing efforts, choose one of the following advertising forms based on which suits your needs the most:
- Top snap only ads show a single image, gif, or video at the top of a user’s feed. These are ideal for events, sales, and one-off promotions. Videos should be 5 to 6 seconds long.
- Long-form videos can be up to 10 minutes long and may include links to other pages and information. You can use tools like Swish to create short but engaging videos with your branding to link to longer clips and your website.
- Web view ads are like top snap ads, but they let you include a hyperlink so users can swipe up to get more information about your product.
- Deep link and app install ads let you redirect users to a more specific web content destination. Deep links may lead you to an app’s page on iOS or Android, while an app install ad will take you directly to the download page.
- Lenses and geo filters are AR lenses that let users overlay branded content onto their snapchat videos including custom filters and location-specific lenses.
How to Start Creating Snapchat Ads:
Once you understand the types of ads available, it’s time to plan your campaign. Get started with the following steps:
- Set your goal on Snapchat, whether it’s increasing your website views, encouraging more installations, or simply obtaining views for a video.
- Set your audience. It’s important to home in on your target audience by considering their gender, age, interests, and other vital demographic information.
- Select how much you want to spend on your ads. It’s always better to start low and test the waters before increasing your budget. That way you can evaluate your strategies to ensure they work before scaling up.
- Upload your video based on Snapchat’s best practices. Make sure it’s a vertical video, 1080×1920 resolution, and no more than 10 seconds long. Additionally, check your video to ensure it meets Snapchat’s conduct policies.
- Launch your ads and start tracking their effectiveness based on your predefined goals.
Getting The Most out of your Snapchat Ads
Snapchat is notoriously strict about the quality of ads it allows on its platform. To ensure you don’t encounter rejections, start by creating quality videos. You can use tools like Swish for iOS to design short and engaging clips with overlaid text, visual effects, and your own branding in just a few minutes.